Friday, October 22, 2021

Days 20 & 21 - Heathrow


Day Twenty


Breakfast was a little later than we expected. The Husband had a “full Cornish breakfast” and I opted for continental, though was surprised when food started arriving at our table – breads, pastries, cheeses, meats! All very yummy stuff.


We encountered difficulty with rolling our suitcases to the carpark because the wind was so strong – it felt like I was ramming my suitcase against a brick wall!



Rolling green gullies (also rocky cliffs) lead down to a misty sea in Cornwall.
We bid adieu to this grand view

We stopped at two Services on our way to Heathrow (Troll GPS took us there via Bristol!), though these breaks didn’t seem to stop my butt from going number and then aching – in that order. I’m not sure how that works either!


At the first Services, I bought water and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Our cashier loved my “I can’t adult today” shirt.


“Some days I can’t,” I told her honestly.


The second Services provided us with lunch – The Husband had Burger King and I optsed for Starbucks (a chilli beef/rice thing!). We then encountered dismal (but not world-ending) traffic. It seems that just like other airports, Heathrow is difficult to drive to, especially on a Saturday.


But at least we left the motorway, seeking petrol. We found it and ditched our car at the rental place. Within minutes, we were on the company’s shuttlebus to Terminal 5 (with two employees), where we were able to snag a taxi.


The hotel near the airport was a sight for sore eyes. This will be the first time I’ve stayed a night here! I usually only use their day room feature.


We asked for late check-out, purchased breakfast and then went upstairs. Somehow The Husband coaxed me into a nap and now I’m looking forward to room service.



***



Day Twenty-One


The waiting for our flights tonight has begun. We woke after 8am, then went down to the breakfast buffet which was pretty decent.


I edited photos, queued them up on DeviantArt and managed to nap for a bit. Lunch in the bar area followed – I had some crumbed chicken and tasty spring rolls. The food was delayed by a cold grill and the cleaning up of breakfast.


More napping!! It’s now approaching 4pm and I’m a ball of nerves about this 24-hour transfit.


Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment